By Susan - Thursday 9 Apr 11:00 am
When opting to go into the employ of occupational therapy, there are a vast number of choices you can make as to which arena you’d like to work in. All of these positions and the knowledge backing them up are explored by people with a clinical research job in occupational therapy. Clinical research is an integral part of occupational therapy and provides an informative platform for occupational therapists to work from.
Clinical research jobs in occupational therapy are the basis for the practice of occupational therapy and its success with the vastly different patients, cases and disabilities that walk through the door. It is basically the collection of information for treatment purposes, the valuation of this treatment and the improvement of such. Without clinical research jobs in occupational therapy, there would be no foundation for therapists to base their studies and treatments on. Clinical research jobs in occupational therapy continually update therapists and medical sources with their most recent findings with regards to occupational therapy treatment, and what works and what doesn’t.
Clinical research jobs in occupational therapy are responsible for updating findings with current research and treatment methods. Finding innovative new ways to improve occupational therapy treatments is always of primary importance for clinical researchers. Other significant duties carried out by clinical research jobs in occupational therapy include:
- Full assessments of the results obtained from drug trials and tests
- Measuring the results obtained in patients through continued occupational therapy treatments of varying degrees
- Recognizing fine and gross motor patterns and responses according to specific tests and treatments
- Implementing and putting testing in place for new treatment methods
Opting to follow the path of clinical research jobs in occupational therapy usually requires that you already have your degree in occupational therapy. It is offered as an advanced module of study. It can take from up to 8 weeks to complete the studies for clinical research jobs in occupational therapy. They are offered through private institutions as well as through Universities and local colleges.
There are clinical research jobs in occupational therapy at almost all medical institutions and occupational therapy centres. A lot of medical institutions outsource clinical research jobs in occupational therapy, so you can find a plethora of job availability through online portals or medical recruitments agencies. Jobs might be offered through your study centres.
Certain prerequisites need to be in place before considering clinical research jobs in occupational therapy. You will need to have studied or be studying occupational therapy and have your masters or doctorate degree. The clinical research advanced segment can be incorporated into your occupational therapy studies. Added to this is the basics abilities to manage numerous priorities is a plus as is having a basic knowledge of data capturing.
With such a vital need for clinical research jobs in occupational therapy and the fact that senior position salaries are competitive and almost in line with occupational therapists, there are very positive reasons as to why you should elect to take a clinical research job in occupational therapy.
Posted in: Job Search, Therapy Jobs
By Susan - Thursday 2 Apr 2:00 am
Occupational therapy jobs are in great abundance, and the demand for this more alternative practice is increasing with every year. It is predicted that by the year 2012, there will be a vast percentage more occupational therapy jobs available due to more and more people recognising its significance.
Included in this vast array of job opportunities are travel occupational therapy jobs, that involve being fully mobile, being able to travel and being able to work doing the job you love all rolled into one neat little package!
There are many staff shortages in healthcare facilities which is why there are so many occupational therapy jobs available today. Travel occupational therapy jobs allow you to be made available to all medial facilities wherever there is a gap that needs to be filled. Your specific employee profile will be set up displaying that option so that medical care centres throughout America are aware of the fact that they can use you, even if you are a resident across the nation.
Here is a list of some of the travelling occupational therapy jobs that are available today:
- Cariant Health Partners: Primarily a recruitment agency, Cariant Health Partners aims to find superior occupational therapy jobs in locations from one end of American to the next. Benefits such as competitive salaries, bonuses, beautiful private housing, medical benefits, travel reimbursement and completion bonuses can be enjoyed when signing up to be a travelling occupational therapist with this company.
- Club Staffing: In addition to supplying you with superior occupational therapy jobs, Club Staffing offers their employees dental, medical and vision benefits, free private housing, per dium as well as full reimbursement of travel expenses.
- Reflectx: Is a unique travel medical staffing centre that offers numerous occupational therapy jobs available. They also offer their travel staff the benefits of free private housing, house ware, cable TV and telephone allowances, medical insurance, travel reimbursement, life insurance, completion bonuses, performance bonuses as well as many more perks to ass to the mix.
- Advanced Medical Personnel Services: This team offers flexible work contracts to suit each individual and their needs, housing in safe neighbourhood with all the essential amenities available, alternatively you could opt for a housing allowance and find your own place. Travel reimbursements, medical insurance and competitive hourly rates are all a part of the total attractive package offered on occupational therapy jobs.
- Med Travellers Inc: Another medical staffing solution offering professional opportunities for occupational therapy jobs is Med Travellers. They have the same arrangement of benefits available as the others mentioned such as excellent pay rates, medical insurance, free private housing as well as available work in excellent health and medical care facilities.
In addition to receiving excellent occupational therapy job opportunities, travelling jobs entitle you to amazing benefits that should only be dreamed of!
Posted in: Job Search, Therapy Jobs
By Susan - Monday 23 Mar 9:15 am
Upon deciding to become an occupational therapist, and upon qualification, you are faced with the biggest challenge of your career, and that is first of all deciding where to work and then receiving employment upon making your decision.
Occupational therapists are widely well received and there is a definite demand for those that are efficient and suitably qualified, so finding a job should not be a problem. The big question you need to ask yourself is: Where to apply? If you are not going to set up a private practice, which is probably recommended for University leavers, then you have a wide range of occupational therapy and medical institutions to choose from. From nursing homes to hospitals, to corporate companies that have in house occupational therapists. The choices are numerous and equally as rewarding. Close investigation should be paid to each and every job opportunity and all the benefits that come with each position.
You could choose to join somebody else’s private practice as an occupational therapist, and at the same time learn about the successful running of your own business and all the involvement that goes hand in hand with it.
Nursing homes and hospitals can offer competitive salaries for occupational therapists as well as the added incentive of being able to improve the lives of those that are residents in these homes and health care facilities.
On a corporate scale, there are many businesses that have in house occupational therapists to assist in maintaining high levels of productivity amongst employees and to enable for any care that is required on an occupational therapy level to be easily accessible. Working as an occupational therapist for corporate giants will also entitle you to impressive employment packages and commendable salaries and bonuses. Some of the companies that you might have heard of that offer exceptional employment for occupational therapists are:
When it comes to occupational therapist employment positions, there are a few institutions that stand out from the rest. They offer exceptional service to clients and are nationally recognized as leaders in the field of occupational therapy. Not only do they treat their clients with distinction, but their employees are also given the best possible salaries, benefits and are treated with the respect that they have earned. As occupational therapists, it is essential for your employer to recognize the importance of your job and this is most appreciated when it is well received.
The following companies are among those that fit this standard according to occupational therapists:
- Tri-State Hand and Occupational Therapy, Inc. located in Cumberland, MD
- The Children’s Hospital in Aurora, Colorado
- Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Centre, a non-profit hospital and research centre in Ohio
- Communicative Health Care Associates Inc, to be found in Boston, Massachusetts
- Wee Care Therapy, Ltd, Dyer, Indiana
Burger Rehabilitation Systems Inc, that have many clinics situated in the greater Sacramento area, Northern California
Posted in: Job Search, Therapy Jobs
By Susan - Thursday 6 Mar 10:00 am
Occupational Therapist Employment is an involved business, and requires highly skilled individuals to carry out the practice. A 4 year study is normal for receiving the adequate qualifications to be able to embark in occupational therapist employment. Being that the studying is no walk in the park, and the actual practice of occupational therapy is so precise and focussed on being correct, the remuneration of occupational therapist employment is quite substantial.
Depending on where you work or what kind of practice you are entering into will also determine your monthly or annual salary. There are many different levels for occupational therapist employment as well as many different arenas to enter into.
If you started your own private practice you could decide what rate is applicable to you and what you need to command to cover your costs and make a profit.
According to salary.com, these are the base ranges for different types of occupational therapist employment that are available, so in other words this is where the salaries would start:
An Occupational Therapist can earn roughly between $60000.00 annually and $90000.00 annually. This is all influenced by your location in America and the company you work for. The figures given for each location as split into regions for occupational therapist employment are as follows:
- West: Starting at about $67000.00
- North East: Starting at $66500.00
- Middle Atlantic: Starting at $66500.00
- South: Starting at $63300.00
- Midwest: Starting at $62900.00
Accepting occupational therapist employment as an assistant can earn you a base salary of between $35000.00 and $50000.00 annually. As per location, the salaries differ as noted below:
- West: Starting average of $44300.00
- North East: Starting at $44500.00
- Middle Atlantic: Starting at $43600.00
- South: Starting at $42300.00
- Midwest: Starting at $41900.00
Occupational therapist employment specializing in home care is assistance geared towards people who are unable to come to hospitals or your practice for treatment. It allows you to have the freedom of conducting business from anywhere and not having to work out of one space everyday. Because travelling is involved, remuneration can be slightly higher, ranging from a base salary of about $57000.00 to $76000.00 annually. These figures, like the others, differ according to your location:
- West: Starting at $67700.00
- North East: Starting at $68200.00
- Middle Atlantic: Starting at $66900.00
- South: Starting at $65800.00
- Midwest: Starting at $62400.00
Occupational therapist employment in a nursing home will return slightly higher rewards on a monetary scale, and far higher rewards on a scale of job satisfaction. Being able to help people that are confined to a home will bring a small sense of achievement to them and hopefully improve their living conditions and lifestyle. On average, occupational therapists working in nursing homes will receive a base salary of between $60000.00 and $76000.00 annually.
According to region:
- West: Starting at $68900.00
- North East: Starting at $68400.00
- Middle Atlantic: Starting at $68200.00
- South: Starting at $67900.00
- Midwest: Starting at $65600.00
Choosing occupational therapist employment as an occupational therapists assistant in a nursing home will also present you with a competitive salary as opposed to other areas. With a base salary ranging from $43000.00 to $56000.00 annually, here are the figures by region:
- West: Starting at $51000.00
- North East: Starting at $50600.00
- Middle Atlantic: Starting at $50700.00
- South: Starting at $49900.00
- Midwest: Starting at $47400.00
Judging by these figures, job satisfaction is not the only thing you can gain by opting for occupational therapist employment. A competitive salary and decent annual remuneration is also a part of the package.
Posted in: Job Search, Therapy Jobs