By Susan - Sunday 5 Apr 9:09 am
Army civilian jobs have been in effect since the 1700’s if you can believe that! These jobs that date back a good few centuries entailed keeping track of documentation and records, following the expenditure of funds used and keeping records of equipment. Army civilian jobs are an essential extension of Army life and assist in the smooth operation of military business.
By choosing to enlist in the army through army civilian jobs, you are not only facilitating the safety and security of your country, but you are ensuring your wellbeing and success as well. Not only are there numerous excellent army civilian jobs to choose from, but they come with extensive benefits and added bonuses that are immeasurable and certainly not available through conventional means of employment.
Some of the benefits that you can enjoy by signing up for army civilian jobs are:
- First and foremost is the benefit of having such an all-embracing range of army civilian jobs to choose from. There is certainly something to match everyone’s skill department and level
- Once you have selected your army civilian job, you are entitled to full training for the position. Even if you are already well versed in the field that you are entering, there will be slight modifications to suit military regulations. Extended knowledge is never a bad thing.
- With all army civilian jobs you are entitled to an impressive pension plan, life insurance as well as health insurance. Your health insurance encompasses dental and medical, and the pension plan far rivals its conventional counterparts.
- Holiday pay is also included with all army civilian jobs. A certain number of days are stipulated, and as long as approval is granted for these allocated days, then your vacation time is paid for! Sick leave is also another benefit, and there are also an allocated amount of days for this so as not to allow people to take advantage of this perk.
- One of the most impressive benefits with regards to army civilian jobs is that your salary is extremely competitive when weighed up against that of similar jobs outside of the military. Hard work is recognized and can often result in bonuses being paid out.
- By working for the military in one of the numerous army civilian jobs on offer, you are opening yourself up to a whole new world of opportunity. In addition to this you will experience the camaraderie that goes hand in hand with the military team and will carry you through years of career involvement and enjoyment.
Army civilian jobs can provide you with the job satisfaction that everyone yearns for, whilst making you feel like you are part of a team and doing something positive for your country. Add into the equation these fantastic benefits, and you have the perfect job situation waiting to be filled.
Posted in: Army Jobs, Job Search
By Susan - Saturday 2 Aug 2:26 pm
The Department of Defense is the United States’ largest supplier of employment. There are many military contract jobs available in varying departments, from civilian positions to full service positions.
Determining which arena would suit you is the first step to consider when researching military contract jobs for your particular preference. Here is a breakdown of the diverse sectors and divisions that military contract jobs are divided into today:
- US Army
- Marine Corps
- Air Force
- Coast Guards
Within these branches are numerous modes of employ available that can provide a competitive salary for inspiring and self-satisfying work that has many benefits. By consulting this basic guide, you can determine what military contract jobs are available and an estimation of what your possible lows and highs in terms of remuneration would be for positions across the military.
Signing up for a military contract job could earn you between $18000.00 and $21000.00 of basic pay depending on your standing. More or less is given according to your qualifications and rankings and is referred to as special pay. Special pay for military contract jobs can also be allocated to people with advanced or unique skills. Not only are military positions well compensated for, but they come equipped with extensive advantages and rewards, such as housing benefits of between $6000.00 and $17000.00, clothing allowances of between $1300.00 and $1600.00, medical insurance of $3250.00 and dental insurance of $221.00.
*These figures are based on information sourced from the resource listed below.
There is an abundance of different military contract jobs available to suit everyone’s tastes and background, although a large degree of placements are according to the need within that domain. Full training is given in all departments to ensure that positions are fulfilled to their optimal potential. This is known as Advanced Individual Training and can take place in a number of different ways, for example: in a classroom situation, by eLearning, simulation, practical learning or through distance learning. Some of the extensive avenues in which military contract jobs are offered are:
- Accounting Services
- Business Administration
- Avionics – Helicopter Pilots, Airplane Pilots, Air Traffic Controllers, Flight Engineers, Technicians
- Media – Graphic Designers, Desktop publishers, Audiovisual Specialists, Journalists
- Combat Operations
- Construction – Electricians, Plumbers, Building Specialists, Civil Engineers
- Social Work – Psychologists, Counsellors
- Health Care and Medical Care – Nurses, Dentists, Doctors, Opticians, Pharmacists, Occupational Therapists, Physical Therapists, Dieticians
- Information Technology
- Security and Law Enforcement Officers
- Fire Fighters
- Lawyers and legal specialists
- Chefs and Culinary Specialists
- Transportation and Logistics – Couriers, Drivers
This summary is a small indication as to the world of opportunity available within military contract jobs. With such a diverse and complete range of careers to choose from, excellent salaries, comprehensive training and added benefits and allowances, it is not difficult to understand why such a large percentage of the employment across America is commanded by military contract jobs.
Posted in: Army Jobs, Job Search